TTIPP, ISDS, and reasons to be fearful.
I thank Catherine Bearder MEP for bringing to our attention the above acronyms, not much heard about in the common media.
While creating another (just like the common market) free trading area, the Transalantic Trade Investment Partnership, this time with the USA, is a good thing.
Allowing multi-national corporations the power to take governments to court over workers’ rights, pay conditions or environmental protection is thoroughly undemocratic.
This is inherently what the Investor State Dispute Settlements (ISDS) will allow.
Cooks, cleaners and others working in the NHS, education or other institutions likely to be outsourced – be very aware.
Funny how the very same MPs who are demanding the return of powers from Brussels seem quite happy to accept gross multi-national power in through the back door from across the pond.
White Horses Way
• Want to share your views? Send your letters by email or post them to Letters, Littlehampton Gazette, Cannon House, Chatsworth Road, Worthing, BN11 1NA. Remember to include your full name and address.
Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.
Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.
1) Make our website your homepage at www.littlehamptongazette.co.uk
2) Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/LittlehamptonGazette
3) Follow us on Twitter @LhamptonGazette
4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.
And do share with your family and friends – so they don’t miss out!
The Littlehampton Gazette – always the first with your local news.
Be part of it.