We were amazed to read about the roadworks, due to commence through Felpham village for the next three months, that are due to cause more traffic delays.
It is obvious that the traffic through the village will decrease when the Felpham relief road eventually opens some four years behind schedule (both relief roads were supposed to open 2012).
Surely it would be prudent to wait until the relief road does open and then monitor the traffic through Felpham village to see if these works are really necessary, which looks highly unlikely, as drivers will then be using the new road instead.
The only reason drivers cut through the village is to try and beat the bottleneck at the Butlins roundabout.
The next traffic problem will be at Comet Corner because of the increased traffic from the new relief road.
It has already become increasingly difficult to exit turning right on to the A259 from Middleton/Elmer.
It will be even worse when the new relief road opens due to the increased volume of traffic from there.
What is needed is a roundabout at Comet Corner, which seems the sensible solution.
Anne and Barry Ide
• Want to share your views? Send your letters by email or post them to Letters, Littlehampton Gazette, Cannon House, Chatsworth Road, Worthing, BN11 1NA. Remember to include your full name and address.
Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.
Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.
1) Make our website your homepage at www.littlehamptongazette.co.uk
2) Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/LittlehamptonGazette
3) Follow us on Twitter @LhamptonGazette
4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.
And do share with your family and friends – so they don’t miss out!
The Littlehampton Gazette – always the first with your local news.
Be part of it.