On Sunday afternoon, we parked near the Sportsfield and could hear music emanating from nearby houses – or so we thought before later realising that the sounds were actually coming from the Stage by the Sea!
Pushing my elderly mother’s wheelchair along the prom, we went to see what was going on – a live band (called Replay?) – was performing and had a generator to power their amplification equipment.
They sounded great and had a small but enthusiastic audience but, from the green, it was a bit loud for our liking, especially as we wanted to chat with mum.
At long last, I discovered the raison d’être of the smaller acoustic “shell” facing the sea – one may sit there, enjoy conversation and the sound of the sea, and listen to the main stage performance at a non-intrusive volume!
Old Mead Road
• Want to share your views? Send your letters by email or post them to Letters, Littlehampton Gazette, Cannon House, Chatsworth Road, Worthing, BN11 1NA. Remember to include your full name and address.
Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.
Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.
1) Make our website your homepage at www.littlehamptongazette.co.uk
2) Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/LittlehamptonGazette
3) Follow us on Twitter @LhamptonGazette
4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.
And do share with your family and friends – so they don’t miss out!
The Littlehampton Gazette – always the first with your local news.
Be part of it.