I refer to the fact that West Sussex County Council spent £17,500 to ask Bluefield consultancy for an audit to assess how a service would now be rated.
Mr Michael Brown, the cabinet member in charge of the budget for the county council says the council must make further cuts in spending.
Could the county council not ask such people as the public, who might have some opinions on the subject, and a decision made by the councillors based on this?
If the county is short of money, it is surely not wise to spend £17,500 with the in-house experts they employ?
• Want to share your views? Send your letters by email or post them to Letters, Littlehampton Gazette, Cannon House, Chatsworth Road, Worthing, BN11 1NA. Remember to include your full name and address.
Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.
Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.
1) Make our website your homepage at www.littlehamptongazette.co.uk
2) Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/LittlehamptonGazette
3) Follow us on Twitter @LhamptonGazette
4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.
And do share with your family and friends – so they don’t miss out!
The Littlehampton Gazette – always the first with your local news.
Be part of it.