Councillor Dendle makes another valiant effort to defend his position, but it just does not hold water.
He says that the provision of a new swimming pool and leisure centre is for the whole district.
Surely he is deluding himself in supposing that people from all over Arun will come to Littlehampton to swim?
For many the pool at Felpham will be nearer, there is also the open air pool at Arundel, the pool at South Coast World is open to day visitors and for some the pool at Chichester may even be closer.
He refers to the Arun district as though it were one homogeneous entity but this is not the case.
Each area/village/town has its own particular charm and character.
Littlehampton is primarily a seaside resort and is unique on this part of the coast by virtue of its glorious open seafront, wide promenade and green.
All other nearby resorts are heavily built up.
It makes so much sense to keep this wonderful feeling of space and to retain all leisure facilities together, where everyone can easily find and enjoy them.
• Want to share your views? Send your letters by email or post them to Letters, Littlehampton Gazette, Cannon House, Chatsworth Road, Worthing, BN11 1NA. Remember to include your full name and address.
Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.
Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.
1) Make our website your homepage at www.littlehamptongazette.co.uk
2) Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/LittlehamptonGazette
3) Follow us on Twitter @LhamptonGazette
4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.
And do share with your family and friends – so they don’t miss out!
The Littlehampton Gazette – always the first with your local news.
Be part of it.