I thought things couldn’t get worse at the Windmill Bridge roundabout, but the contractors have excelled themselves – it has got worse!
The original westbound left-turn lane closure and resulting lane changes were bad enough.
The signage was so poor that drivers going straight on at the roundabout often ended up in the wrong lane causing a serious accident risk.
They have now removed the cones to the west of the roundabout but they haven’t repainted the road markings so people who got used to the changes are changing lanes unnecessarily.
Hopefully this will be corrected soon.
The main problem now is the closure of Windmill Bridge without giving approaching drivers any advance warning.
There are small signs just before the roundabout saying ‘Mill Road closed’ but it doesn’t say where Mill Road is or make it clear that it refers to the roundabout people are entering whilst reading the sign.
There are also no diversion signs for people who do not know the area.
Wouldn’t it be better to place signs at the preceding roundabouts suggesting people divert there?
That would stop people having to drive up the dual-carriageway to the roundabout, go around it and then return to the previous roundabout so they can go another way.
Would a few signs saying ‘No entry to Mill Road at Windmill Bridge off next roundabout’ be so difficult to make?
• Want to share your views? Send your letters by email or post them to Letters, Littlehampton Gazette, Cannon House, Chatsworth Road, Worthing, BN11 1NA. Remember to include your full name and address.
Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.
Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.
1) Make our website your homepage at www.littlehamptongazette.co.uk
2) Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/LittlehamptonGazette
3) Follow us on Twitter @LhamptonGazette
4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.
And do share with your family and friends – so they don’t miss out!
The Littlehampton Gazette – always the first with your local news.
Be part of it.