The recent edition of the Arun Times reveals that the iconic East Beach Cafe has now been named “one of the ten best coffee houses”, after being shortlisted from 4,000 cafes across the world.
To me, and many other local people like me, this monstrosity can be likened to Hans Christian Anderson’s The Emperors New Clothes.
While walking past it a couple of weekends ago, our “icon” and its surrounding pavement areas looked very shabby and was in desperate need of a good clean up and paint, especially to the takeaway end to the west.
Unfortunately, that “iconic” rust finish to the exterior walls can’t be painted.
• Want to share your views? Send your letters by email or post them to Letters, Littlehampton Gazette, Cannon House, Chatsworth Road, Worthing, BN11 1NA. Remember to include your full name and address.
Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.
Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.
1) Make our website your homepage at www.littlehamptongazette.co.uk
2) Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/LittlehamptonGazette
3) Follow us on Twitter @LhamptonGazette
4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.
And do share with your family and friends – so they don’t miss out!
The Littlehampton Gazette – always the first with your local news.
Be part of it.