I was pleased to hear that the Littlehampton Fort is being restored over the next two years after being a dilapidated ruin for so long.
It will take a lot of work to remove all the brambles and ivy, and repairs to the brickwork, but it should become an interesting historic landmark for tourists and local people to visit.
Like Shoreham and Newhaven we will have a fort for people to view and it will be an extra attraction on the west bank of the river.
• Want to share your views? Send your letters by email or post them to Letters, Littlehampton Gazette, Cannon House, Chatsworth Road, Worthing, BN11 1NA. Remember to include your full name and address.
Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.
Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.
1) Make our website your homepage at www.littlehamptongazette.co.uk
2) Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/LittlehamptonGazette
3) Follow us on Twitter @LhamptonGazette
4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.
And do share with your family and friends – so they don’t miss out!
The Littlehampton Gazette – always the first with your local news.
Be part of it.