Anyone who can recall Highdown Hill, north of Ferring, 50 years ago should go there today.
It will demonstrate quite graphically the direction in which Arun district is going.
The walk up to the hill, along country roads and lanes, was quite pleasant, as was the hill itself, together with fine views in every direction.
I leave others to put such a walk and prospect today, into suitable words.
The recent warehouse shop to the south epitomises the future.
The future could be excellent when ‘more’ of everything, which is all we hear today, becomes sufficient, and humanity is not thought of as a global village of billions of individuals, but of countries held responsible for their own.
• Want to share your views? Send your letters by email or post them to Letters, Littlehampton Gazette, Cannon House, Chatsworth Road, Worthing, BN11 1NA. Remember to include your full name and address.
Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.
Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.
1) Make our website your homepage at www.littlehamptongazette.co.uk
2) Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/LittlehamptonGazette
3) Follow us on Twitter @LhamptonGazette
4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.
And do share with your family and friends – so they don’t miss out!
The Littlehampton Gazette – always the first with your local news.
Be part of it.