What a lot of happy people I met at Rustington Street Fayre on Saturday (June 20).
Stallholders, performers and spectators – everyone I spoke to agreed it was a great success.
I know we didn’t have our usual procession, but there seemed to be plenty going on throughout the day for all ages.
I saw and heard some amazing local talent.
All the musicians and singers were brilliant.
The only complaint was lack of advance publicity of the programme.
People needed to know not only what was on, but where,as there were three venues.
Fortunately, I found a programme in Mia Bella Casa and was able to plan my day, so I could fit in everything I wanted to see and hear.
I’m sure there would have been bigger audiences at the hot spots had more people known what was going on there, and I would have found some information about the performers helpful – I didn’t know that the ‘Silhouette Show’ were singers, nor what kind of songs they sung.
They were great, so I was sorry to miss their wartime songs.
But I had a really great day.
Many thanks to all the planners, organisers, participants and sponsors.
It was well worth all your hard work, and I’d be happy with the same again next year.
• Want to share your views? Send your letters by email or post them to Letters, Littlehampton Gazette, Cannon House, Chatsworth Road, Worthing, BN11 1NA. Remember to include your full name and address.
Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.
Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.
1) Make our website your homepage at www.littlehamptongazette.co.uk
2) Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/LittlehamptonGazette
3) Follow us on Twitter @LhamptonGazette
4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.
And do share with your family and friends – so they don’t miss out!
The Littlehampton Gazette – always the first with your local news.
Be part of it.