Regarding last week’s Gazette front page story, we continue to show our commitment to supporting local business and tourism in Littlehampton and throughout Arun.
The Arun Business Partnership was set up to support to businesses by helping them increase their trade. It has been running for more than 15 years and has been highly successful; one local company can attest to pulling in over £750,000 worth of extra contracts just through the partnership network, and many other businesses have similar success stories.
Our Business of the Year Awards recognises the contribution local businesses make to Littlehampton and Arun, the fact all 18 of the awards are sponsored by local companies is further evidence of our commitment to support businesses in the Arun district.
Events like Small Business Saturday acknowledge the role traders and companies play in making Littlehampton town centre a vibrant place to shop and visit.
Furthermore, there is an impressive artisan market offering an array of products provided by small businesses, which takes place monthly in Littlehampton.
Our dedicated tourism website, www.sussexbythesea.com, offers those visiting Arun lots of information about what to see and do and stay; it has more than 500,000 page views over the last year.
Those using social media can also take advantage of updates on Sussex by the Sea’s Twitter, Facebook and Instagram accounts.
Anyone who is looking for support for their business is welcome to contact the council’s Business Development Manager, Miriam Nicholls, on 01903 737845, who will explain the many ways in which the council can help local companies as well as those looking to start businesses.
Councillor Paul Dendle Cabinet Member for Leisure and Amenities
Arun District Council
Arun Civic Centre
• Want to share your views? Send your letters by email or post them to Letters, Littlehampton Gazette, Cannon House, Chatsworth Road, Worthing, BN11 1NA. Remember to include your full name and address.
Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.
Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.
1) Make our website your homepage at www.littlehamptongazette.co.uk
2) Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/LittlehamptonGazette
3) Follow us on Twitter @LhamptonGazette
4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.
And do share with your family and friends – so they don’t miss out!
The Littlehampton Gazette – always the first with your local news.
Be part of it.