What crazed mind came up with the plan to make the Littlehampton branch of RBS Westminster Bank so customer-unfriendly?
No criticism of the staff is intended or implied.
They are clearly victims of some head office madness.
The customer-friendly option, to drop cheques into a box with paying-in slips in a quick deposit envelope, has been canned.
Customers are now forced to use paying-in machines or wait in a long queue for counter service – and the queues are inordinately long because the number of service counters has been reduced to two and the machines are out of order and/or fail to read the slips and reject payment.
This happens even when there are staff available to help.
Presumably these changes have been made with the intention to reduce the number of staff and increase profits.
But by driving customers away to other banks, Natwest will reduce profits.
HSBC and others must think it’s Christmas come early.
• Want to share your views? Send your letters by email or post them to Letters, Littlehampton Gazette, Cannon House, Chatsworth Road, Worthing, BN11 1NA. Remember to include your full name and address.
Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.
Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.
1) Make our website your homepage at www.littlehamptongazette.co.uk
2) Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/LittlehamptonGazette
3) Follow us on Twitter @LhamptonGazette
4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.
And do share with your family and friends – so they don’t miss out!
The Littlehampton Gazette – always the first with your local news.
Be part of it.