THE Littlehampton Gazette’s price has been cut by 25 per cent – and we want to make sure people know about it.
The Gazette’s price has been cut from 80p to 60p, and editor-in-chief Gary Shipton, deputy editors Nicola Caines and Sam Woodman, and Anne McDougall were at Waitrose in the town earlier today, to chat to readers and make sure people had a copy of this week’s paper.
And anyone buying a copy from the Gazette stand got a lucky envelope, with each containing either a free ‘happy ad’ for the paper’s family announcements section, a scratchcard or a £5 note – with the first cash prize being won by Tahlia Sawyer.
Mr Shipton said: “The Littlehampton Gazette always strives to bring its readers the best local news. And there is no news better than a 25 per cent cut in the price of your favourite weekly newspaper. Why are we making this change? We want to reward our loyal readers – but we also want to encourage new readers to buy a copy of the Gazette so they can see what they are missing.”
Mr Shipton was also interviewed about the changes, which can be viewed in the video above.
• The Gazette team will be back at Waitrose in Littlehampton on Thursday, June 18, from 11am to 1pm – so pop along and say hello, and pick up your copy.
Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.
Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.
1) Make our website your homepage at www.littlehamptongazette.co.uk/
2) Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/LittlehamptonGazette
3) Follow us on Twitter @LhamptonGazette
4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.
And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!
The Littlehampton Gazette - always the first with your local news.
Be part of it.