A concerned Angmering resident has issued a warning after a number of cats were poisoned by anti-freeze.
The woman, who did not wish to be named, said a number of cats had been poisoned around Greenacres Ring.
Residents are being advised to be vigilant and contact police if they see any suspicious behaviour.
A flier issued to homeowners says: “A number of cats have recently died having been poisoned by car anti-freeze.
“Sadly, there is a belief that the poisonings are not accidental.
“Causing pain, suffering and death to domestic animals is no only cruel but a crime.
“There are harmless ways of discouraging cats from gardens.
“Poisoning causes pain and death to poor innocent animals and awful distress to the families that love them.”
A police spokesman said: “We have received a report that several cats have been poisoned in the Littlehampton area however there is nothing to suggest it is deliberate. No cat owners have come forward.”
To report an incident call police on 101.
Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.
Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.
1) Make our website your homepage at www.littlehamptongazette.co.uk/
2) Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/LittlehamptonGazette
3) Follow us on Twitter @LhamptonGazette
4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.
And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!
The Littlehampton Gazette - always the first with your local news.
Be part of it.