A man and woman arrested on suspicion of attacking a man with what police believed to be acid have been released without charge, police have confirmed.
The incident occurred on December 22 in Buckingham Road, Worthing.
Police said they had arrested a 37-year-old man and a 33-year-old woman on December 22 on suspicion of wounding with intent.
According to police, they were bailed until Monday (January 23).
A spokesman for Sussex Police said: “Both the man and woman have been released without charge as there was not enough evidence to proceed further with this arrest.”
Police said at the time that a 21-year-old had been taken to Worthing Hospital to be treated for his injuries but were not thought to be serious.
Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.
Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.
1) Make our website your homepage
2) Like our Facebook page
3) Follow us on Twitter
4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.
And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!
Always the first with your local news.
Be part of it.