The cause of a house fire in Worthing has been confirmed by West Sussex Fire and Rescue Service.
Two fire engines were sent to the house fire in Tarring Road at just before 7pm last night.
Pictures and video from the scene showed smoke coming from an upstairs window.
The fire service closed off both road entrances.
Read more here: Fire breaks out at Worthing house
A spokesman for the fire service confirmed today that the cause of the fire was accidental.
They added: "The fire started in the kitchen of the property.
"The kitchen was badly damaged by fire and other rooms in the property were damaged by smoke."
READ MORE: Woman dies in Worthing Hospital after fall