There are lots of volunteering opportunities across the area.
Assistant private rented sector access worker – Worthing Churches Homeless Projects
A fantastic opportunity for the right person to develop their knowledge of the private rented sector, current homelessness issues and to gain administration skills. No previous experience is necessary, although the role will ideally suit somebody looking to go into housing charity work or further their housing knowledge and experience. You must be willing to learn, non-judgemental and able to work in a sensitive and confidential manner.
Adviser (Littlehampton CAB) – Arun & Chichester Citizens Advice Bureau
Advisers are given free training, both formal and on-the-job; all advisers initially undertake the Gateway training and progress from there. As a CAB Adviser you would: interview clients, help them negotiate with people, draft letters, make phone calls on their behalf and refer them to other agencies.
Workshop presenter – Enable Me Project
Passionate and enthusiastic people are needed with a willingness to learn to work as part of a small team in delivering disability awareness workshops in schools and workplaces. IT skills would be an advantage, but are not essential; but you will need flexibility, reliability, good inter-personal skills and be friendly, enthusiastic and positive with a can-do-attitude.
Event organiser – The West Sussex Mediation Service
The West Sussex Mediation Service needs to develop new funding streams that will include fundraising through events. Examples might be encouraging fundraising participants in fun runs and sporting challenges and arranging social events or smaller low key events such as local fetes. Experience not required, but would be an advantage. All that is needed is enthusiasm and energy.
• For more information on any of the above roles, please call Volunteer Now! on 01243 864220, or visit www.do-it.org. For bite-sized volunteering of ten days or less please visit http://skillshare-westsussex.org.uk/
Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.
Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.
1) Make our website your homepage at www.littlehamptongazette.co.uk/
2) Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/LittlehamptonGazette
3) Follow us on Twitter @LhamptonGazette
4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.
And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!
The Littlehampton Gazette - always the first with your local news.
Be part of it.