Firefighters were called to a Littlehampton property after paper towels caught fire on a cooker hob.
West Sussex Fire and Rescue Service received a call to the first floor flat in Ensign Way around 12pm yesterday (September 10).
A Littlehampton crew were on the scene and said the fire was out on their arrival.
They ventilated the property before giving advice to the homeowner.
Crews made the scene safe in less than 20 minutes.
For more on kitchen safety, click here for advice from West Sussex Fire and Rescue Service.
Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.
Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.
1) Make our website your homepage at www.littlehamptongazette.co.uk/
2) Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/LittlehamptonGazette
3) Follow us on Twitter @LhamptonGazette
4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.
And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!
The Littlehampton Gazette - always the first with your local news.
Be part of it.