Clothes catch fire in Littlehampton

Fire
Fire

Fire & Rescue crews were called to investigate the smell of smoke at a home in The Poplars, Littlehampton on Wednesday (October 14), 12.46pm.

Using a thermal imaging camera the fire was located in a bundle of clothes in a cupboard that had come into contact with a light fitting.

The house was ventilated used a PPV fan.

The incident is being treated as accidental.

Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.

Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.

1) Make our website your homepage at www.littlehamptongazette.co.uk/

2) Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/LittlehamptonGazette

3) Follow us on Twitter @LhamptonGazette

4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.

And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!

The Littlehampton Gazette - always the first with your local news.

Be part of it.