Firefighters from Worthing were called to a late-night blaze last night.
A bungalow in Westdean Road, Worthing, suffered damage in the fire, with emegency services called shortly before 11.45pm
A fire service spokesman said the accidental cooking fire caused severe damage to the house by heat and smoke.
Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus used two hoses to put out the fire. They led one man to safety before giving him oxygen.
The crews were stood down at shortly before half-past midnight. They remained at the scene until 1.15am and are due to inspect the house later today.
Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.
Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.
1) Make our website your homepage at www.worthingherald.co.uk/
2) Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/Worthing.news
3) Follow us on Twitter @Worthing_Herald
4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.
And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!
The Worthing Herald - always the first with your local news.
Be part of it.