Why is West Sussex County Council (WSCC) not taking more forceful action against central Government to equalise the countywide funding per pupil farce?
Are there too many ‘yes’ men and women on the council education committee who are afraid to stand up to the Whitehall bureaucrats?
Could it be more suitable for the WSCC councillors, being Conservatives on the whole, to tow the line and make no waves and therefore not upset Mr Cameron.
All councillor Hunt mentions is another ‘in depth analysis’ – another delaying tactic and spend more money on consultants?
Our youngsters face an unprecedented challenge trying to compete for work and jobs with countries such as South Korea, China, Japan and so on, which invest enormous sums of money to educate their young generation.
All we do is take more resources away from the education budget.
Wouldn’t it be nice to see WSCC becoming the leading council in education by spending more money and show the youngsters of this county total commitment.
Pigs might fly!
Joost Adriaan Dobbelaar.
• Want to share your views? Send your letters by email or post them to Letters, Littlehampton Gazette, Cannon House, Chatsworth Road, Worthing, BN11 1NA. Remember to include your full name and address.
Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.
Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.
1) Make our website your homepage at www.littlehamptongazette.co.uk
2) Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/LittlehamptonGazette
3) Follow us on Twitter @LhamptonGazette
4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.
And do share with your family and friends – so they don’t miss out!
The Littlehampton Gazette – always the first with your local news.
Be part of it.