The tone of councillor Dendle’s letter about the swimming pool reminds me of when he attempted to talk down the public meeting in the town hall a year or so back.
He also then brought up his quaint notion that because the (very large) number of objectors did not exceed the majority of the public then those who hadn’t objected must be in favour of his plans!
Another of his quaint notions seems to be that, since savings have been made in other parts of the council, he can splash out on more consultants to spin his ideas.
His attack on Dr Walsh demonstrates the huge gulf between a man who cares for the character of Littlehampton and the wishes of its people, whatever his position, and one who sees the town as a development opportunity, particularly as councillor Dendle has the misguided notion that Littlehampton should not put its own interests first.
And the idea that you can compare a car with a location beggars belief.
Councillor Dendle’s attitude towards Littlehampton is of concern.
Despite his titles he would do well to remember that he is essentially a servant of the public.
St Flora’s Road
• Want to share your views? Send your letters by email or post them to Letters, Littlehampton Gazette, Cannon House, Chatsworth Road, Worthing, BN11 1NA. Remember to include your full name and address.
Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.
Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.
1) Make our website your homepage at www.littlehamptongazette.co.uk
2) Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/LittlehamptonGazette
3) Follow us on Twitter @LhamptonGazette
4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.
And do share with your family and friends – so they don’t miss out!
The Littlehampton Gazette – always the first with your local news.
Be part of it.