A RESIDENT was treated for smoke inhalation after his home caught fire last night (October 5).
Initial reports were that a candle set a curtain on fire in a ground floor flat in Ockley Road, Bognor Regis, at around 10.30pm.
The occupant was treated at the scene, however it is not yet clear whether he needed to go to hospital.
Firefighters were on the scene until just after midnight as they got the fire under control.
They estimated around 40 per cent of the ground floor was damaged by the fire and 80 per cent of the overall building was damaged by smoke.
The building was a two-story block of flats. Four fire engines were on the scene from Bognor, Chichester and Littlehampton.
Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.
Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.
1) Make our website your homepage at www.bognor.co.uk/
2) Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/BognorRegisObserver
3) Follow us on Twitter @BogObserver
4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.
And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!
The Bognor Observer - always the first with your local news.
Be part of it.