Travellers are still at a Worthing park – despite being asked to leave yesterday evening.
According to a Sussex Police spokesperson, ‘travellers were reported to have arrived at the Victoria Recreation Ground in Worthing just after 5pm on Tuesday’.
Four families are at the site, with five vehicles and four caravans, they added.
Worthing Borough Council were notified on Tuesday, and a spokesperson said they ‘immediately consulted with our colleagues at West Sussex County Council who carried out all the necessary welfare checks’.
The police were also informed.
Police and council officers visited the site and a notice to leave was served by the borough council last night.
A council spokesperson previously said the travellers were expected to leave yesterday.
Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.
Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.
1) Make our website your homepage at www.worthingherald.co.uk/
2) Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/Worthing.news
3) Follow us on Twitter @Worthing_Herald
4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.
And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!
The Worthing Herald - always the first with your local news.
Be part of it.