FIREFIGHTERS were called to tackle a carbon monoxide leak at a Littlehampton home, last night (Tuesday, October 22).
A family in Aspen Close called emergency services when their carbon monoxide alarm, inside their home, sounded, warning them of the deadly gas leak.
A crew from the town attended the incident at 8.18pm.
Temporary crew manager James Diston said: “When we arrived the occupants had already opened the windows, to ventilate the home, which was sensible.
“We isolated the gas supply to the building and advised them to contact their gas supplier.”
The crew remained at the scene for about 30 minutes.
Carbon monoxide is a poisonous gas that has no smell or taste.
It is sometimes referred to as the ‘silent killer’.
In the UK, more than 50 people die from accidental carbon monoxide poisoning every year, and 200 people are left seriously ill.