Puppy and resident escorted from Wick flat fire

Fire
Fire

A PUPPY and occupier of a Wick flat were escorted out of the smoke-logged property by firefighters on Wednesday evening (November 4).

Fire crews were called to the first-floor flat, in Highfield, at 5.12pm.

The fire had been caused by burnt cooking, with the occupier and dog escorted from the property. The puppy was rescued by the breathing apparatus team.

Firefighters ventilated the flat and stairwell of the three-storey block, with two crews from Littlehampton attending the scene.

They left the scene at 5.52pm.

Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.

Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.

1) Make our website your homepage at www.littlehamptongazette.co.uk/

2) Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/LittlehamptonGazette

3) Follow us on Twitter @LhamptonGazette

4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.

And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!

The Littlehampton Gazette - always the first with your local news.

Be part of it.