This autumn the CCG is going to be out and about talking to people about local health services and how they could be improved.
Your views will help us to understand some of the issues we are facing as part of the NHS.
We have four key questions we are asking people:
• Let’s Talk about prevention and self-care – what one thing could keep you and your family healthier?
For example, did you know that 70 per cent of strokes are preventable?
Healthy eating, diet, avoiding smoking and alcohol can really help you avoid a stroke.
• Let’s Talk about primary and urgent care – how can we reduce the pressure on GPs, A&E and the NHS?
Some of the ideas we have already heard are “pay more tax for the NHS”, “using volunteers more” and “have more staff.”
• Let’s Talk about co-ordination of care – we think that health and social care need to work better together – what do you think?
You can watch our Coastal Care animation on our website: www.coastalwestsussexccg.nhs.uk/our-vision-for-integrated-care
• Let’s Talk waste – the NHS wastes £300million per year on unused medication – why do you think this is?
We have had some suggestions, for example “re-use walking sticks”, “review people’s medication” and “it’s free for some, so people don’t value it.”
You won’t be able to miss us as we are using our huge blackboards for you to add your comments.
Check our website to see when we are going to be in a town or village near you – www.coastalwestsussexccg.nhs.uk/lets-talk
If you would like to send us your ideas directly, email: email@example.com
Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.
Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.
1) Make our website your homepage
2) Like our Facebook page
3) Follow us on Twitter
4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.
And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!
Always the first with your local news.
Be part of it.