MUSEUM COLUMN: Arundel’s bridge – an historic gateway to the town

c1883 - Cottages on the site of the current post office and Tom Buller's cottage on the corner of the bridge

c1883 - Cottages on the site of the current post office and Tom Buller's cottage on the corner of the bridge

0
Have your say

ARUNDEL’S bridge in Queen Street is something that many people in the town will have crossed at one point in their lives.

ARUNDEL’S bridge in Queen Street is something that many people in the town will have crossed at one point in their lives.

c1910 - The Bridge hotel that collapsed into the river with Constable's brewery in the background

c1910 - The Bridge hotel that collapsed into the river with Constable's brewery in the background

c1928 - Tom Buller's cottage and the old corn store, later a  deckchair factory (top left) that burnt down in 1930

c1928 - Tom Buller's cottage and the old corn store, later a deckchair factory (top left) that burnt down in 1930

 

Back to the top of the page