FIREFIGHTERS were called to extinguish two tumble dryer fires in East Preston and Littlehampton yesterday afternoon (Monday, June 30).
Officers were first called to Sea Road, East Preston, to tackle the blaze shortly before 3pm.
A crew from the village’s station, armed with a carbon dioxide extinguisher, managed to quell the fire inside the house.
It is believed that it ignited accidentally.
The second tumble dryer blaze took place in Stanhope Road, Littlehampton, at 4.49pm.
Two crews from Littlehampton were called to tackle the fire which had sparked in a small ground floor lean-to.
They used breathing apparatuses and a high-pressure hose reel to extinguish the flames.
They also used a fan to ventilate.
Again, the fire service believed that this fire also started accidentally.