Kitchen blaze sparked in Littlehampton

Emergency services are at the scene in Fishbourne
Emergency services are at the scene in Fishbourne

AN UNATTENDED chopping board left on top of a hot hob sparked a kitchen blaze in Littlehampton yesterday afternoon (February 18).

Two crews rushed to a flat in Irvine Road, shortly before 12.45pm.

The small fire was out by the time crews arrived.

However, they used a fan to ventilate the smokey home before giving advice to those living there.

Crews left the scene shortly after 1pm.