Gas heater sparks Walberton blaze

0
Have your say

A BATHROOM blaze in Walberton yesterday (Tuesday, December 16) was sparked by a portable gas heater.

Firefighters from Chichester attended the incident, in Eastergate Lane, shortly after 9.40am, after a fire alarm was triggered at the property.

The liquefied petroleum gas (LPG) heater had caused a small fire in the bathroom, which had been extinguished by the time crews arrived.

Firefighters isolated the electrics and inspected the bathroom using a thermal imaging camera.

The damaged areas were cut away and spray with a backpack water hose reel.

Officers left the site just after 10.30am.