FIREFIGHTERS were called to a caravan fire involving a portable heater.
The fire started at a small static caravan in Harbour Close, off Ferry Road, Littlehampton, on Tuesday morning.
The blaze involved a portable gas heater and one 3.5 LPG gas cylinder.
However, by the time two fire engines arrived at just before 9am, the fire was already out.
Firefighters then used a thermal imaging camera for inspection of the fire-damaged caravan.
They also removed items that had been damaged in the blaze.
Firefighters said the blaze had been caused accidentally.
They left the scene less than 20 minutes after arriving, at 9.15am.